Friday, August 10

Boss Tales #2

Boss: Please ask BTI or Amexco for a quotation for Seoul on these days.... And get the cheapest flight, please. The cheapest!
Me: Mumbling to myself, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

After getting a quote from Amexco...
Me: Got a quotation from Amexco - it's $650 for Korean Air, including taxes. It's cheaper than Asiana, boss.
Boss: What?! Hmmmmm.... I didn't realize it's that expensive to go to Korea....
Me: Well, how much did you expect it to be??
Boss: Uhmmmm.... about $400?
Me: Heller. Korea is far, you know.
Boss: Better ask BTI... I'm sure they are lower... ok?

After getting a quote from BTI...
Me: BTI is more expensive! $670!
Boss: Whaaat??!!
Me: I guess Amexco gave a better rate, huh? So, I will book you then with Amexco.
Boss: Oh, alright... gee, how expensive.
Me: Well, it was cheaper last June! You should have traveled in June! BTI told me the rate was $475!
The boss just stared at me.
Me: What did I say??!!!
Boss: (his voice ooozing with sarcasm) Gee, I'm so happy to hear that!

I turned around and went back to my work station, mumbling, "Eh di ba naghahanap ka ng $400 na pamasahe......"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a talkbacker assistant! hmmmm angas #2

Anonymous said...

Bex,
I think I wanna have that kind of job too...Sobrang daming scenes with your boss..I'm a BIG fan of your blogs..Keep it up! I'm gonna wait for the boss tales#3 and am gonna read it aloud again here in momy annie's desk to add extra feeling to what you're trying to point out with your extraordinary experiences. Your posts as always, made my days complete..Boss tales are the best!!!
>>>pauline<<<

Anonymous said...

@meyri: Mana ako kay angas#1/spammer :)

@pauline: Hahahaha! Thanks so much for reading my blog! The job has its perks and quirks. Ate Annie - bigyan mo ng malaking raise si Pauline! Bwahahahaha! :)

Anonymous said...

@Meyri: Birds of the same feather, sit together. Row 2 is the best! hehehe

Anonymous said...

In your dreams, Beck-beck! I like your boss because I can be like that. bwahahahahaha

Purple Pig! said...

ha ha ha ha i soooo love your boss tales....... keep 'em coming!


teka sino nga ba 'tong tatay mong 'to? bulong mo sa akin ha?

Purple Pig! said...

natawa ako sa comment ni meyri!

donna_chocnut said...

becky, panalo ka! parang naiimagine kitang nagmu-mumble ;p oo nga, sino ba itong boss na ito? para mas macomplete ang pag-imagine ko. kuwento ka pa ulit ha.