Friday, August 24

From hero to zero* (disguised as Boss Tales #3)

His flight is 1455. Via PAL. The last flight. Then, the phone rings at 1400.

Me: Yes? (I recognized his mobile number kaya astig ang pagsagot ko.)
Boss: Errrr.... can you check my table if my passport and the ticket are there...?
Me: Whaaaat?! You forgot your passport and ticket??!! (O diba, parang echo ang dating at inulit ko pa?)
Boss: Can you check, please?
Me: Okay, I'll call you back.
Click.

I hurried to his room and I realized I forgot the key to his room so I rushed back to my workstation, got his key and ran to his room. Alas! The passport and ticket were on his table! I called him up.

Me: (Shrieking) It's here! What do I do now???
Boss: Well.... I guess I'm going back to the office now. I can't leave without my passport and ticket.
Me: Well, are you still leaving? How about other flights? There are other flights!! (At this point, hindi naman halata na gusto ko siyang paalisin.) Via SQ?
Boss: Errrr.... even though I pursue a flight with another airline at this time... I think I need to have a passport and a ticket to fly out... that's why I'm going back to the office.
Me: (Realizing na tama siya at palpak ang suggestion ko) Hehehehehehe! That's true, boss! Hehehehehhe, okay, see you later.
After I hung up, napagisip-isip ko na paano nga naman siya makakaalis kung walang passport at ticket? Hehehehehe.

*Boss and I had e-mail exchanges about this fiasco. He coined the phrase. I e-mailed back saying that it's a good blog title! And the rest is history.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo....ur the zero?

Reeyah said...

who's the zero?

Anonymous said...

Wahehehe! At last you're boss is out of sight! When he comes back ask for a pasalubong. And please keep a message in his desk "Never forget your passport and ticket when leaving out of the country".LOLz.
I'll still be waiting for your close encounters with Boss.:)
>>>pauline<<<

Anonymous said...

*cler hugs and beso bex*

donna_chocnut said...

this cheered me up! konti na lang talaga aakyat na ko dyan sa opis ninyo para imbestigahin kung sino ang boss mong iyan =)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.