Thursday, August 2

Sherwood Johnson and girl bonding

Since childhood, I've only known one pizza flavor at Shakey's - Friday Special. My father always orders this and he proclaimed na yun lang ang masarap na flavor. Since bubwit pa ako noon at ang tatay ko ang laging nagbabayad ng kinakain namin - it became my favorite, too. For me, the anchovies bring the zing in the pizza.

Lumaki na ako't lahat Friday's Special pa rin ang order ko when I eat at Shakey's. Shux, now ko lang na-realize baka ako naging chubby due to the pizzas I ate? Hindi naman siguro. Genetics play a part, too... I think. Until one night, I was introduced to.......Pepperoni Crrrunch!!! Yep, that's a triple r, not a typo error. To emphasize the crrrunchiness, I guess. And indeed, it was crrrunchy due to the fried potato strings as toppings. Masarap nga! No wonder Meyri and Cler were raving about it! Yun naman daw ang all-time favorite nila. It was a double treat of flavors because the other half of the pizza was a new flavor for me, too - Belly Buster!!! It has 11 toppings - beef, italian sausage, pepperoni, salami, mushrooms, green pepper and onion. Yes, I counted them all. Seriously.

Sigh.... two exciting pizza experience in one night! Not only that, the best "topping" of all was the camaraderie. It was a night of raves (about the pizza and the very bibo server) and rants (expectations, disappointments, insecurities). Don't you think pizza tops the list of comfort food? Hehehehe.

By the way, Sherwood Johnson was the founder of Shakey's Pizza. Let's spread the word on the greatest thin crust pizza in the world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a toast to the bestest pizza in the whole wide world...SHAKEYS! anong sinabi ng yellow cab, brooklyn, d'marks, pizza hut etc etc. e garlic and cheese lang haping hapi tyan na ko!

Anonymous said...

I love Shakey's na rin! Snob ko sya dati, kaya ngayon pasalamat sila kay Pepperoni Crrruuuuunnnncccchhh dahil love ko na sila.

Purple Pig! said...

yep i also enjoyed that another girl bonding moment natin sa shakeys.... speaking of pizza reena let me borrow her shakey's card and so I ordered buy-one-take-one large pizza last wed and then the grand slam pizza yesterday.

i like belly buster, too kaya lang ayaw ni papi melo nakakalaki raw ng belly he he he

donna_chocnut said...

Sino nang President ng Shakey's Fans Club? Ka-kosa niyo rin ako sa paghanga sa pizza na yan, yes, especially the thin crust. Di ko pa na-try flavors na sinasabi niyo. Masubukan nga...

Anonymous said...

@donna: Naku, hurry! Try mo yung Pepperoni Crrrunch! :)